The Boy Scouts of America was incorporated on February 8, 1910. Scouting came
to the City of Monrovia on May 1915 when our Troop was created. We were the
first troop in the Greater Los Angeles Council–Pasadena area and were sponsored
by the First Presbyterian Church as Troop 401.
In 1919 there were enough Boy Scout troops in the area that the San Gabriel Valley Council was formed. We retained the Troop number 401 until May of 1935. At that time the troops were re-numbered sequentially beginning with the first troop of the city.
We became Troop 1 and wore a city name ARC (for Arcadia),
and a horizontal state name was added to the left sleeves of the uniforms.
In 1954 Council shoulder patches were added to the uniforms, and Troop numbers
were changed back to a three-digit number. With this last change, we became
Troop 141 of the San Gabriel Valley Council. In 2015 a merger of councils created
the Greater Los Angeles Area Council, and in 2019 a merger of districts created
the San Gabriel Valley District.